Not able to pack meals on a weekday morning or deliver meals in person? You can still help Meals on Wheels Durham meet the needs of hundreds of homebound seniors! You (or a group of your friends) can help us by donating essential items.
Each year, we send our clients a small gift to help express our care for them. We rely on volunteers and donors to share the warmth of the holiday season with our clients (over 550) throughout Durham County. Thank you in advance for making a senior's holiday bright!
Please have all gifts delievered to our building by noon on Monday, December 9th.
You can order items our participants have requested via this Amazon wishlist.
This year we are offering our clients a choice of:
Set of bath towels (grey, red, blue, or black)
Women's or men's robes (for women: grey, black or purple. for men: black, blue, or red)
Women's or men's beanie hats
Coloring books or puzzle books
For Weekend Meals:
- Fruit cups (unsweetened)
- Applesauce (unsweetened)
- Soup (low sodium, if possible)
- Tuna and crackers packages
- Canned meals such as spaghetti or chicken and dumplings
- Macaroni and cheese
- Peanut butter or cheese crackers
- Peanut butter or cheese spread
- Granola bars (chewy or soft)
- Breakfast bars
- Nutrition bars
- Juice boxes
- Peanut Butter (smooth only - no crunchy)
- Turkey Lunch Meat
You can order items we always need via this Amazon wishlist: Click here to View
- Wireless doorbells
- Used golf balls for knocking on doors (try it – you will be amazed!)
- Cookies for our tireless volunteers
- Small bags of cat food or dog food for our clients with pets
- Ensure or Boost for clients who are not feeling well or who need extra nutrition