VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME AND TALENT
Meals on Wheels Durham relies on people just like you to lend your time and talent to help us deliver hot meals to seniors, disabled individuals and citizens unable to prepare meals for themselves.If you are already a volunteer, please visit the Current Volunteers page for helpful tips, policies, procedures and instructions.
Many of you have reached out to offer extra help and we so appreciate you for thinking of us during this time! We want to keep you in the loop so please note the following:
- We are still accepting volunteer applications.
- We currently deliver on Mondays. We will transition to daily hot-meal deliveries on Tuesday, September 7.
- Clients will still be contacted multiple times a week via phone for check-ins. We will utilize volunteers to help us call clients.
- If you are interested in helping us make those calls or deliver extra food, please fill out a volunteer application and indicate in the notes section what you are interested in doing, calling, delivering or both and you will receive additional correspondence as we have updates/needs.
Meals on Wheels Durham continues to monitor local and national COVID-19 regulations. Our hot meal transition and operations are subject to change due to CDC and local guidelines concerning the Delta variant. Stay up-to-date on the latest news concerning COVID-19 and Durham County.
INDIVIDUAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Help unload meals for our clients.
Mondays from 7:50 am - 8: 20 am
Help load frozen boxes into to meal delivery drivers' vehicles.
Mondays – Friday from 8:50 am - 11:30 am
Deliver frozen meals to our clients using your own vehicle.
Mondays arrive between 10:00 am - 10:30 am to deliver; allow 1½ hours for delivery
Wellness Caller: Remote opportunity to call a group of seniors on Wednesday an/or Friday mornings between 9 am and 12 pm.
Calling instructions are provided via a Google sheet.
Are you an experienced handyman? If so, this is the job for you! Help us install doorbells for our clients or do odd jobs and repair miscellaneous items in the office.
GROUP VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Your group can deliver meals to our clients as a one-time event or take turns driving regularly on a weekly or monthly basis. Contact email@example.com and complete our volunteer application if you are interested.
Please complete and submit one of the Volunteer application forms linked below and we will contact you to discuss your interests.
Volunteer Application (printable)*: Please download, print, complete and mail the printable form. You can also drop it off at the office. Our contact information is located at the top of the page, under Contact Us.
* Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free here.
BOARD MEMBER OPPORTUNITIES
Periodically we have openings for members of the community to serve on our Board of Directors. If you are interested in being considered for a board member position, please complete and submit one of the Board Member applications linked below.
BOARD MEMBER APPLICATION