Want to join the Meals on Wheels Durham Team? We are looking to hire a Full Charge Bookkeeper.
The Full Charge Bookkeeper is responsible for all aspects of bookkeeping at Meals on Wheels of Durham, Inc. The bookkeeper will oversee A/P, A/R, deposits and other workflows. They will be responsible for timely preparation and distribution on month end accounting reports as well as preparation of ad hoc reports to various team members. The bookkeeper will prepare payroll for submission to our payroll service and manage 403B accounting through our plan processor. They will be responsible for the data integrity of our QuickBooks online file.
Location: Durham, NC
FLSA Status: Part-Time Non-Exempt (Primarily Remote)
Salary: $25 - $28/hour (Hiring Range)
To apply, send your resume and any supplemental materials to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain all aspect of QuickBooks online including, but not limited to A/R, A/P, and banking.
- Complete monthly close process as outlined in MOWD policies and procedures.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of bank/ credit card statements.
- Manage data flow between QuickBooks and our 3rd party donor management system.
- Contribute to the development of annual operating budget and input to QuickBooks online.
- Provide proper income/expense tracking across multiple grants and other funding contracts.
- Prepare payroll for our payroll processor and then enter payroll journal entries.
- Manage 403B accounting in collaboration with our external 403B processor.
- Support external auditor in their preparation of our annual audit report.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance of accounting preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years of non-profit full charge bookkeeping. Non-profit experience preferred.
- Prior non-profit program accounting experience preferred.
- Strong QuickBooks online skills.
- Ability to successfully working effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to successfully multi-task, manage, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with an ability to plainly communicate information to other team members.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Must be able to drive independently.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS: Meals on Wheels Durham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.”