Black History Month “Salute to Champions” 2020 Class Announced and Meals On Wheels Durham Highlighted
Durham NC, The Sports Shop Radio show w/ Reese & Kmac will recognize and highlight African American individuals who have achieved in their respective fields and/or paved the way for others. The individual areas that will be recognized are in the areas of Education/Business, Politics/Community & Sports/Entertainment. Individuals recognized have some association with the state of North Carolina.
Several times per week during the month of February, these individuals will be recognized during a special feature named “Salute To Champions” on The Sports Shop Radio Show w/Reese & Kmac that airs weekdays from 7AM to 10AM on 99.3 & 96.5 FM in Raleigh Durham and streamed/viewed online at wralsportsfan.com.
These selected individuals will be interviewed during this segment via in Studio Interviews. The selection of the individuals was the consensus of a “Salute To Champions” Advisory Panel comprised of experts and historians in the respective areas of focus.
The Following are the individuals that were selected for this year’s class:
1. Dudley Flood, Educator
2. Torry Holt, Terrance Holt, NC State, NFL Legend, Business Owners
3. Angela Lee, Executive Director Hayti Heritage Center
4. Darryl Lester, Philanthropy, NC Service Year Director
5. E' Vonne Coleman, Chief Operating Officer of Discover Durham
6. Keijuane Hester, Business Owner, Favor Desserts
7. Sulaiman & Lesleigh Mausi, Business Owner, The Dome Group/Art Of Cool
8. Jacques K. Gilbert, Mayor of Apex, Former Police Chief of Apex
9. Ryan Ray, President/CEO Jobs For Life
10. Chucky Brown, NC State Basketball, NBA Champion, HS School Coach
11. Asa Fleming. Realtor, NC Realtors Association President
On February 27th from 12-2 pm, A Luncheon will be held to recognize the “Salute To Champions” recipients at the Triangle PNC Club.
An addition element of the Luncheon added last year, is the recognition and awareness of a local Non-Profit that has demonstrated significant support in the local community. This year’s organization is Meals On Wheels Durham. Meals On Wheels Durham's mission is to enhance the quality of life for seniors, people with disabilities, and other eligible community members who are unable to provide proper nutrition for themselves by delivering meals, offering personal interactions, and providing other complementary services. For more information, please email us at email@example.com.